The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Official Who Issued SA Passport To ‘Lebohang from Bangladesh’ Nabbed
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > News > Official Who Issued SA Passport To ‘Lebohang from Bangladesh’ Nabbed
NewsTravelWorld

Official Who Issued SA Passport To ‘Lebohang from Bangladesh’ Nabbed

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Published: June 20, 2022
Share
2 Min Read
BUST: The SA Passport issued to 'Lebohang from Bangladesh'
SHARE

An female Home Affairs official accused of unlawfully issuing an SA passport to “Lebohang from Bangladesh” has been arrested and will appear at the Benoni Magistrate Court on Tuesday.

The official, based at the Home Affairs office in Benoni, was arrested on Monday by the Department of Home Affairs Counter Corruption Branch, working with the Hawks and other law enforcement agencies.

“The official is on suspension and her disciplinary hearing is scheduled to take place this week,” said Siya Qoza, spokesperson for the Minister of Home Affairs.

“If she is denied bail, the Home Affairs Department will arrange with the Department of Correctional Services for the hearing to be held at their premises.”

Fahim Kazi became a news sensation as “Lebohang from Bangladesh” when he was arrested while trying to leave the country on 12 May 2022.

“At the time of Kazi’s arrest, Minister Aaron Motsoaledi said that the clampdown on the use of fraudulent SA documents was bearing fruit as the department knew which corrupt official issued that fraudulent passport because that official had been on the radar of the counter-corruption branch,” Qoza.

“The Minister also promised the country that the official would be arrested and face the full might of the law.”

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Ambush: ‘Cable Thieves’ Shoot At City Power Security Officers, 1 Hurt
Next Article Samuel Eto’o Pleads Guilty In Spain To Tax Evasion, Escapes Prison Sentence

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

FIFA World Cup: CPJ Urges Heightened Awareness For Journalists Traveling To U.S.
Football
May 21, 2026
Bridal Expo: Find Your Wedding Inspiration At Brahman Hills This Weekend
Sponsored
May 21, 2026
President Ramaphosa Concludes State Visit To Botswana With Strengthened Bilateral Ties
News
May 21, 2026
Holy Rosary Rowers Test Their Mettle Against Elite British Clubs
Sport
May 21, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes