The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: MK Party Accuses GNU Of ‘Erasing’ Zuma’s Presence At Namibian President’s Inauguration
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > Politics > MK Party Accuses GNU Of ‘Erasing’ Zuma’s Presence At Namibian President’s Inauguration
Politics

MK Party Accuses GNU Of ‘Erasing’ Zuma’s Presence At Namibian President’s Inauguration

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Published: March 22, 2025
Share
3 Min Read
Former SA president, Jacob Zuma the leader of the MK Party and Namibia's first female President Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah
SHARE

Johannesburg – The uMkhonto weSizwe Party (MK Party) is upset that its leader former president Jacob Zuma’s presence at Namibian President Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah’s inauguration has not been officially acknowledged.

In a statement released on Saturday, (22 March 2025), the MK Party said it, “notes, with strong condemnation, the DA-led coalition, the so-called Government of National Unity’s attempt at erasing President Zuma’s presence at Namibian President Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah’s inauguration, from South African history”.

The statement added: “Through an X, previously ‘Twitter’ post, the country’s official account (@GovernmentZA), currently handled under the Ramaphosa administration, shared images from the inauguration ceremony and in their caption, acknowledged other former heads of state, but deliberately excluded H.E President Jacob G. Zuma, albeit his attendance.

Former President Thabo Mbeki congratulates Her Excellency President Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah as the 5th President of the Republic of Namibia during the Inauguration Ceremony held at the State House in Windhoek, Republic of Namibia.#Namibia35 🇳🇦 pic.twitter.com/8InGKXjNZp

— The Presidency 🇿🇦 (@PresidencyZA) March 21, 2025

“This blatant act of political provocation, coupled with their attempt to error a very important and progressive part of the country’s history through their baseless ‘9 wasted years’ campaign, serves to agitate the MK Party, mislead the general public, and paint an untrue and unjust narrative.

“By deliberately choosing to single out and not acknowledge the President’s presence at the inauguration, the so-called GNU has insulted both President Zuma and has also undermined the nation at large.”

The MK Party said the use of state-owned platforms such as official social media pages to promote biased political agendas undermines the principles of fairness and impartiality.

“Such actions threaten the integrity of the democratic processes by undermining and manipulating public perception and opinion through sharing selective information,” the statement said.

“It is the duty of the GNU to ensure that platforms such as official government social media serve as neutral spaces that foster open, honest dialogue and should not be used as a tool to promote political propaganda.

“The MK Party asserts that President Jacob Zuma was indeed in attendance, and was in fact well received by the Namibian community and delegates in attendance.”

The statement added: “It is unfortunate that the current government, the so-called GNU, perceives President Zuma as such a threat to the extent at which they have resorted to attempting to erase his presence in spaces of national interest.

“This calculated act of political erasure not only is petty politics, but is a big insult to the history of South Africa.

“The MK Party strongly declares that President Jacob Zuma is not going anywhere, regardless of any deliberate attempts at erasing his presence and legacy.”

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article South Africa Joins World In Mouring Passing Of Boxing Legend George Foreman
Next Article West Coast Airshow: Spectators Watched In Horror As Combat Aircraft Crashed, Killing Pilot

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

Actress Hayden Panettiere Dies At 36: A Life Of Stardom, Struggle, And Sudden Loss
Entertainment
August 17, 2026
Police Union Calls For Return Of Suspended National Commissioner General Masemola
News
August 17, 2026
Fraud-Accused 57-Year-Old Petrus Jacobus Viljoen Denied Bail
News
August 17, 2026
From World Champion To Promoter: Kevin Lerena Nominated For ‘Sportsman Of The Year’
Careers
August 17, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes