The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Horror Bus Crash Near Musina, Limpopo: Death Toll Rises To 40
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > News > Horror Bus Crash Near Musina, Limpopo: Death Toll Rises To 40
News

Horror Bus Crash Near Musina, Limpopo: Death Toll Rises To 40

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Published: October 13, 2025
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Musina – The death toll from the bus crash along the N1 North near Ingwe Lodge, outside Makhado (Louis Trichardt), Limpopo, has risen to 40, authorities on the scene said early Monday morning.

The Limpopo Department of Transport and Community Safety said the bus crash occurred in the evening on Sunday, 12 October 2025.

Preliminary reports had indicated that five passengers had died on the scene, but many more passengers were stuck in the wreckage.

Overnight, the death toll was revised to 40 by medical personnel at the scene.

Some of the bodies of ejected passengers were recovered from underneath the bus.

The bus was heading toward Musina when it crashed and landed upside down in a ravine on the side of the road.

The bus was travelling from Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) to Harare in Zimbabwe.

Provincial Transport Department Spokesperson Matome Taueatsoala said emergency services personnel, police officers, and MEC Violet Mathye were at the scene.

Developing story…

Commenting on the tragedy, amid reports that the death toll  has gone up by two more deaths to 40, Limpopo Premier Dr. Phophi Ramathuba said: “This is a heartbreaking tragedy. Losing so many lives in one incident is painful beyond words”.

Premier Ramathuba added: “On behalf of the Limpopo Provincial Government, we extend our deepest condolences to the affected families, including those in Zimbabwe and Malawi.

“We wish a full and speedy recovery to all survivors.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time.”  

The premier’s spokesperson, Thilivhali Muavha, said the bus was ferrying Zimbabwe and Malawi nationals from the Eastern Cape to their home countries when it veered off the road along a steep mountain pass and plunged down an embankment.

Muavha said emergency services, including paramedics, transport officers, and law enforcement officials, responded swiftly to the scene.

“Rescue operations continued late into the evening, with several injured passengers being transported to nearby hospitals for medical care,” Muavha said.

“Investigations led by traffic authorities and the South African Police Service are currently underway to determine the cause of the crash.”

Muavha said Premier Ramathuba will visit the accident scene that has so far claimed 42 lives.

At least 49 others injured in the crash have been taken to hospitals.

The provincial government is working closely with the Department of Transport and Community Safety, the Department of Health, and Disaster Management teams to coordinate support.

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad2
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Eskom’s Return To Profit Strengthens South Africa’s Economic Foundation
Next Article Renowned Dietitian Mbali Mapholi Launches Heart-Health Book For South Africans

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Could Add Over R800 Million To Western Cape Economy  
Business
May 22, 2026
ACSA Is Growing Futures, 1 Opportunity At A Time
Careers
May 22, 2026
Togo Announces Measures To Facilitate Visa-Free Entry For All Africans
News
May 22, 2026
Ronaldo’s Brace Ends Al-Nassr’s 7-Year Saudi Pro League Wait To Be Champions
Football
May 22, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes