The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Police Arrest Female Suspect In Murder Of E-Hailing Driver After Dash Cam Video Goes Viral
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > News > Police Arrest Female Suspect In Murder Of E-Hailing Driver After Dash Cam Video Goes Viral
News

Police Arrest Female Suspect In Murder Of E-Hailing Driver After Dash Cam Video Goes Viral

Thembelihle Mabanga
Thembelihle Mabanga
Published: February 13, 2026
Share
3 Min Read
SUSPECT? The woman filmed by the dash cam that shows the brutal attack. Police said on Friday that they have arrested a female suspect, but gave no further details
SHARE

Johannesburg – The police have arrested a female suspect after an e-hailing driver was killed while inside his car in Pretoria West.

A dashboard camera video of the brutal attack that occurred on Thursday, 12 February 2026, went viral on social media.

In a terse statement on Friday, 13 February 2026, police spokesperson Colonel Mavela Masondo said a female suspect had been arrested and more arrests were imminent.

“Preliminary investigation suggests that the victim was murdered by a male and female who requested the service of an e-hailing in Pretoria West,” said Colonel Masondo.

“The hijacked vehicle and the body of the victim were found in Atteridgeville on the same day.”

The suspect is expected to appear before Atteridgeville Magistrate’s Court on Monday, 16 February 2026, facing charges that include murder and carjacking.

Earlier on Friday, the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) expressed “profound shock and abhorrence” at the brutal killing of an e-hailing driver.

”Those who lure e-hailing drivers under the pretext of legitimate trip requests, only to rob and murder them, represent the most cowardly and barbaric elements of society,” the EFF stated.

“It has become an alarming trend that criminals use e-hailing platforms to target unsuspecting drivers.

“This criminal practice not only endangers the lives of honest and hardworking drivers who are merely trying to earn a living, but also disrupts and inconveniences communities that rely on e-hailing services as a safe and accessible mode of transport.”

The EFF, which named the suspects in the video, called on members of the community to assist law enforcement agencies with any information that may lead to the urgent arrest of all the suspects involved in the murder.

National Importance 📍 Please Share.

Someone Somewhere knows these Criminals. They attacked an e-hailing driver until he passed out and must be held accountable. pic.twitter.com/vqKidQSYs3

— Black-Jesus💧 (@KingMntungwa) February 13, 2026

Surely someone out there may recognise this face… The lady was even confused as to what she wanted…. This eHailing driver died, for what? For what hle? Koloi? Phone? Money? Life was taken and wish they find them 💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔… pic.twitter.com/wkWU0muCrM

— The Lord Of The Wings( Lisa) Arsenal Biggest Fan🏐 (@WhyUfikelate) February 13, 2026

Meanwhile, Transport Minister Barbara Creecy and Deputy Minister  Mkhuleko Hlengwa have strongly condemned the act of violence and criminality that resulted in the tragic death of an e-hailing driver.

Minister Creecy and Deputy Minister Hlengwa have also expressed their message of condolences to the bereaved family who lost their loved one.

“Furthermore, they wish to reiterate that such criminal behavior has no place in the public transport sector,” said Department of Transport National Spokesperson Collen Msibi.  

“They have called on law enforcement agencies to act swiftly and ensure that those responsible face the full might of the law.”

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Love In The Skies: Emirates Connects African Travellers To Most Romantic Destinations
Next Article CPJ Nominates Philippine Journalist Frenchie Mae Cumpio For UNESCO’s Guillermo Cano Prize

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

Joe ‘Ferrari’ Sibanyoni Matter: ‘No Show’ Prosecutor Ntaba Resurfaces After Threats
News
May 22, 2026
Title Chase Climax: Pirates Seek Glory, Orbit Fights For Survival In High-Stakes PSL Finale
Football
May 22, 2026
Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Could Add Over R800 Million To Western Cape Economy  
Business
May 22, 2026
ACSA Is Growing Futures, 1 Opportunity At A Time
Careers
May 22, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes