The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Alarm Bells: NPA Reportedly Fails To Find No-Show Prosecutor Ndaba
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > News > Alarm Bells: NPA Reportedly Fails To Find No-Show Prosecutor Ndaba
News

Alarm Bells: NPA Reportedly Fails To Find No-Show Prosecutor Ndaba

He was suspended after he failed to report for duty in a high-profile extortion case involving prominent taxi boss Joe 'Ferrari' Sibanyoni and three other co-accused

Justice Nyaka
Justice Nyaka
Published: May 19, 2026
Share
3 Min Read
FREE FOR NOW: Taxi boss Joe 'Ferrari' Sibanyoni and his three co-accused outside court after their extortion case was struck off the roll
SHARE

Kwaggafontein – The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has not been able to locate prosecutor Mkhuseli Ndaba, who was suspended after he failed to report for duty in a high-profile case involving prominent taxi boss Joe “Ferrari’ Sibanyoni and three other co-accused.

As a result of prosecutor Ndaba’s no-show on Monday, 18 May 2026, the extortion matter was struck off the roll, and all four accused – Sibanyoni, Bafana “King of Sky” Sindane, Mvimbi Masilela, and Philemon Msiza – were freed from custody.

RELATED: Extortion Case Struck Off The Roll: Joe ‘Ferrari’ Sibanyoni, Co-Accused, Freed – The Bulrushes

Magistrate Tule-tu Tonjeni issued a warrant of arrest for the prosecutor after finding him guilty of contempt of court in his absence.

Soon after that, the NPA stated that it had suspended the errant prosecutor.

Spokesperson Monica Nyuswa told The Bulrushes: “The NPA is instituting disciplinary action against the prosecutor convicted of contempt of court in Kwaggafontein Magistrate’s Court, Mpumalanga, on Monday, 18 May 2026.

“To this end, the prosecutor will be suspended pending the institution of appropriate disciplinary action.”

However, alarm bells are now sounding after the NPA failed to locate prosecutor Ndaba.

Reports say the prosecutor, who had informed the court he was running late before his no-show, has not been heard from since then.

The NPA was quoted as saying: “For now, it is unclear about the whereabouts of the suspended prosecutor”.

Meanwhile, Justice and Constitutional Development Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi said she welcomes the swift action taken to suspend the prosecutor pending the institution of appropriate disciplinary action by the NPA.

Minister Kubayi expressed disappointment and regret at the events at the Kwaggafontein Magistrate’s Court.

“It is in the interest of justice that the accused persons are given an opportunity to respond to the charges brought against them in the court of law,” said Minister Kubayi.

“Technical lapses of this nature, especially by state institutions, must be avoided so that the public does not lose confidence in our justice system.”

Minister Kubayi implored the NPA to put in place systems and processes to prevent such incidents from happening again.

The NPA has indicated that it intends to put the extortion matter back on the court roll.

“While this is disappointing, it is not a setback as we are within our right and authority to reinstate the case once there is compliance with the legal provisions governing matters removed from the court roll in this manner,” stated the National Director of Public Prosecution, Advocate Andrew Mothibi.

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Legal Cannabis Grower: Deputy Minister Morolong Visits Karoo Bioscience
Next Article Digital Channel ‘MISA TV’ Launched For Motor Industry Workers

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

The Unlimited Gives 7 Reasons Car Warranty Claims Get Rejected
Sponsored
May 19, 2026
WATCH: President Ramaphosa Presents National Orders
Featured Video
May 19, 2026
Digital Channel ‘MISA TV’ Launched For Motor Industry Workers
News
May 19, 2026
Legal Cannabis Grower: Deputy Minister Morolong Visits Karoo Bioscience
Agriculture
May 19, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes