The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Rape, Murder Accused Jub Jub Appears In Court, Granted Bail Of R10 000
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > Court > Rape, Murder Accused Jub Jub Appears In Court, Granted Bail Of R10 000
CourtCrimeEntertainmentNews

Rape, Murder Accused Jub Jub Appears In Court, Granted Bail Of R10 000

Thembelihle Mabanga
Thembelihle Mabanga
Published: July 27, 2023
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

 Johannesburg – Rapper and television presenter Molemo “Jub Jub” Maarohanye on Thursday appeared in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on charges of assault, rape, and attempted murder.

Jub Jub was granted bail of R10 000 and ordered to hand in his passport.

Earlier Thursday, Maarohanye handed himself over at the Brixton Police Station.

A warrant of arrest for Jub Jub had already been issued when he handed himself over to authorities.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said one of the cases against Maarohanye dates back to 2006.

Explaining how the warrant of arrest for Jub Jub came about, NPA Gauteng Spokesperson Phindi Mjonondwane said one of the complainants laid a rape charge with SAPS in February 2022 against Maarohanye, her former boyfriend. 

“She alleged that the incidents of rape happened between 2006 and 2009 while she was in a relationship with him,” said Mjonondwane. 

“She further stated that she attempted to report the matter at Mondeor SAPS back then, but was turned away.

“She decided to approach the police following Maarohanye’s degrading comments about her on a podcast.”

Mjonondwane said after the complainant spoke out about her ordeal on social media, more women came forward and told their stories about the humiliation and abuse they suffered at the hands of the accused.

“After the complainant’s consultation with the Senior Public Prosecutor (SPP) in Johannesburg, three more women were willing to give statements about their own experiences whilst they were in a relationship with the accused,” said Mjonondwane. 

“The SPP guided the investigations to completion and handed over the docket to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for a decision.

“The DPP office then instructed the SPP to issue a warrant for Maarohanye’s arrest, resulting in his court appearance after an arrangement was made with his lawyer to hand himself over.”

Mjonondwane said Maarohanye was released on bail of R10 000, following an unopposed bail hearing. 
Jub Jub will be back in court on 24 August 2023.

The television presenter has had a brush with the law before and has even served time in prison.

He was released on parole in 2017 after he was sentenced to 25 years in prison for causing a car accident near a school on a public road that killed four children and left two surviving pupils brain-damaged.

Meanwhile, the television channel Moja Love, where Jub Jub gained popularity for his Uyajola 9.9 show, said it “will monitor the progress in this matter and will allow the law to take its course”.

Nonzwakazi Cekete, the Spokesperson for Siyaya TV Channel, which owns Moja Love, said the company was aware of Maarohanye’s appearance in court earlier today on various charges. 

“The information at our disposal is that Jub Jub handed himself over to the police earlier today and he is now out on bail,” said Cekete.

VIDEO | The Johannesburg Magistrate's Court has ordered hip hop artist, Molemo Maarohanye, known as #JubJub to hand over his passport. Maarohanye has been granted R10 000 bail. Mbalenhle Mthethwa reports. https://t.co/EF4g0b8mcn pic.twitter.com/r7Vw5jmh0e

— SABC News (@SABCNews) July 27, 2023
Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Dobsonville Protestors Stone 8 Putco Buses, Smash Windows
Next Article SA Condemns Coup In Niger, Calls For Satefy Of President Bazoum

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

SA Border Authorities Find Smuggled Cigarettes Worth R2M Hidden Under Coal
News
August 22, 2026
Squash Growthpoint Nationals: Damian Wins Battle Of Groenewald Brothers
Squash
August 21, 2026
‘Boy On The Run’: Memory, Grief And The Stubborn Business Of Living
Book Review
August 21, 2026
Surprise Move: City Of Johannesburg Pays Eskom Overdue Bill Of R5,5 Billion
News
August 21, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes