The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Rape, Attempted Murder, Assault Charges Against TV Presenter Jub Jub Dropped
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > Court > Rape, Attempted Murder, Assault Charges Against TV Presenter Jub Jub Dropped
Court

Rape, Attempted Murder, Assault Charges Against TV Presenter Jub Jub Dropped

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Published: July 4, 2024
Share
3 Min Read
ALL CHARGES DROPPED: Jub Jub is a free man
SHARE

Johannesburg – Jub Jub is a free man after the State withdrew all charges against him on Thursday.

The rapper and television presenter, whose given name is Molemo Maarohanye, was facing several charges including rape, attempted murder, and assault with the intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

The matter was being heard in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, where the State said there was no prospect of a conviction in any of the crimes that Jub Jub was accused of.

Some of the complaints against Jub Jub were over a decade old.

The popular entertainer, who has maintained his innocence, was out on R10 000 bail since his arrest in July last year.

RELATED: Rape, Murder Accused Jub Jub Appears In Court, Granted Bail Of R10 000 – The Bulrushes

Jub Jub’s 2023 arrest stems from accusations made against him by several women, dating back to as early as 2006.

Commenting on the matter, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said the decision to drop the charges follows careful consideration of the police case docket, the prosecutor’s report and recommendations, coupled with information submitted by the defence to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

“The office of the DPP concluded that there are no reasonable prospects of a successful prosecution,” said NPA Regional Spokesperson Phindi Mjonondwane.

“As a result, the sensible thing to do was to withdraw the charges of rape, attempted murder and assault against Maarohanye.”

The charges emanated from a complainant and Maarohanye’s ex-girlfriend, who laid a rape charge in February 2022 against him, alleging that the offences occurred between 2006 and 2009. 

After speaking out on social media, three other women came forward with similar allegations. 

“The NPA views all allegations of sexual violence in a serious light and does not hesitate to adopt an aggressive stance towards them but only where there is relevant and admissible evidence that can sustain the charges,” said Mjonondwane. 

“Unfortunately in this case, upon further assessment of available evidence, there were no prospects of a successful prosecution hence the withdrawal of charges.”

@dailysunsa WATCH: Rapper and TV host Molemo "Jub Jub" Maarohanye excited about his latest court outcome after the state withdrawn all charges against him in the Joburg Magistrates Court on Thursday,4 July. #JubJub pic.twitter.com/LLcdPTIzsc

— phuti mathobela (@phuti_mathobela) July 4, 2024

Meanwhile, Moja Love’s popular Uyajola 9/9, hosted by Jub Jub returns next month.

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article New Home Affairs Minister Dr. Leon Schreiber Extends Temporary Visa Concession
Next Article New Minister Sisisi Tolashe Wants Swift Action Against Abuser Of Elderly Woman

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

SA Judiciary Mourns Passing Of Justice Fikile Eunice Mokgohloa
News
August 20, 2026
Growthpoint Squash Nationals: Leading Seeds Survive Opening Day
Squash
August 20, 2026
Mpho Popps To Host The 2026 Content Creator Awards, Sponsored By Samsung
Entertainment
August 20, 2026
Living Legend John Kani: Celebrating 6 Decades Of Performance, Playwriting, Social Justice
Careers
August 20, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes