The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: Fugitive Suspect In KZN School Principal Murder, Killed In Joburg Shootout With Police
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > Crime > Fugitive Suspect In KZN School Principal Murder, Killed In Joburg Shootout With Police
Crime

Fugitive Suspect In KZN School Principal Murder, Killed In Joburg Shootout With Police

The suspect wanted for the KwaZulu-Natal murder of Zwelabantu Zuma was tracked to a hostel in Johannesburg

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Published: September 8, 2025
Share
1 Min Read
SHARE

Johannesburg – The suspect wanted for the murder of School Principal Zwelabantu Zuma in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) has been tracked to a hostel in Johannesburg, where he was shot dead in a shootout with the South African Police Service (SAPS).

Narrating events leading to the deadly confrontation, police spokesperson Brigadier Athlenda Mathe said: “On Sunday afternoon, members of the (SAPS) National Intervention Unit (NIU) tracked down the suspect to a hostel in Mapetla, Soweto.

“When the suspect noticed the presence of police, he began shooting, and the NIU returned fire, fatally wounding him.”

Brigadier Mathe said the 40-year-old suspect was wanted for several other cases in KZN, including carjacking and having an unlicensed firearm.

“He was previously arrested, but the case was withdrawn in court,” said Brigadier Mathe.

“The relentless SAPS investigator presented new evidence before the court, and a J50 warrant of arrest was issued for the suspect.”

Brigadier Mathe said two other accused in the murder of school principal Zuma were already serving life sentences.

She said two suspects died before being tried.

One suspect is still on the run, and police are still searching for him.

AUDIO REPORT: Police spokesperson Brigadier Athlenda Mathe

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Gunmen Injure 5 Gauteng Traffic Wardens In Daveyton
Next Article New Report Reveals 1 In 3 Domestic Workers Is Paid Below Minimum Wage

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Could Add Over R800 Million To Western Cape Economy  
Business
May 22, 2026
ACSA Is Growing Futures, 1 Opportunity At A Time
Careers
May 22, 2026
Togo Announces Measures To Facilitate Visa-Free Entry For All Africans
News
May 22, 2026
Ronaldo’s Brace Ends Al-Nassr’s 7-Year Saudi Pro League Wait To Be Champions
Football
May 22, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes