The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
  • Home
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • APO Releases
  • Business
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Rugby
    • Netball
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Entertainment
  • Bookmarks
Search
  • Crime
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Science
  • Weird World
  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
Reading: NATJOINTS Says 3 Unauthorised Persons Arrested For Trying To Enter SADC Venue
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • SA National Elections 2024
  • News
    • General
    • Politics
    • World
  • Sport
    • Athletics
    • Basketball
    • Boxing
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Netball
    • Rugby
    • Swimming
    • Tennis
  • Bookmarks
    • Customize Interests
    • My Bookmarks
  • The Bulrushes
    • Company Profile
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes
The Bulrushes > News > NATJOINTS Says 3 Unauthorised Persons Arrested For Trying To Enter SADC Venue
News

NATJOINTS Says 3 Unauthorised Persons Arrested For Trying To Enter SADC Venue

Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Published: August 16, 2026
Share
2 Min Read
This high-level panel discussion took place following the Public Lecture delivered by President Cyril Ramaphosa at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Westville Campus, in Durban, on the margins of the 46th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Southern African Development Community (Image: GCIS)
SHARE

Durban – The National Joint Operational and Intelligence Structure (NATJOINTS) has revealed that three individuals have been arrested for attempting to gain unauthorised access to the venue of the 46th Ordinary SADC Summit currently taking place in Durban.

In a statement made available to The Bulrushes, NATJOINTS said two Congolese nationals were arrested on Saturday, 15 August 2026, after attempting to gain entry to the summit venue using accreditation that had not been issued to them and belonged to another person.

“The suspects were detected at an access-control point when their identities did not correspond with the accreditation presented and were immediately arrested,” the statement said.

“The two Congolese nationals face charges of fraud, impersonation and contravention of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act 2 of 2010, relating to entering a designated area without authorisation.

“Their identities and the circumstances surrounding the attempted access remain subject to further investigation.”

NATJOINTS said earlier this week that a Zimbabwean national was also arrested after allegedly attempting to obtain accreditation under the guise of being a performing artist in an effort to gain access to the summit venue.

“The Zimbabwean national faces a charge relating to being illegally in the Republic of South Africa,” said the statement.

“This brings to three the number of individuals arrested in connection with attempts to circumvent the summit’s accreditation and access-control processes.”

NATJOINTS has issued a “stern and unequivocal” warning that the exchanging, lending, sharing, falsification or misuse of accreditation, as well as any attempt to gain access to the summit venue without proper authorisation, will not be tolerated.

NATJOINTS said only individuals in possession of valid, authorised and properly issued accreditation will be permitted access to the Durban International Convention Centre.

Support The Bulrushes PayPal Logo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Happy0
Previous Article Financial Advisor, Prison Warden Among Drivers Arrested For ‘Drunk Driving’
Next Article Car Thieves Abandon Stolen Nissan Navara After Driving It Across The Limpopo River

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow

Latest News

From World Champion To Promoter: Kevin Lerena Nominated For ‘Sportsman Of The Year’
Careers
August 17, 2026
Data Behind Football’s Biggest World Cup Reveals Technology Was A Real Game Changer
Columns
August 17, 2026
Extortion-Accused Joe ‘Ferrari’ Sibanyoni Subpoenaed To Appear At Malanga Commission
News
August 17, 2026
Shocking Exposé: DA Gauteng MPL Fuchs Says 41 Ambulances Have Been Idle For 6 Years
News
August 17, 2026
//

The Bulrushes prides itself on real news you can trust. We keep everything simple – no fudging.

  • Company Profile
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • General
  • World
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Netball
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
The BulrushesThe Bulrushes
Follow US
Copyright © 2026 The Bulrushes